Upper Valley High School Trail Corps
- Do you like trails?
- Do you want to learn how to maintain trails and spend time outdoors this summer?
- Do you want to be PAID and earn community service hours?
If yes… Apply for the UVTA High School Trails Corps!
High School students can sign up for 1 week (out of 4) of the Trail Corps. The Corps will run from 8:30 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday. The Corps will learn trail building and maintenance skills while working on several trails around the Upper Valley. In addition to work, there will also be fun, outdoor adventures such as canoeing, kayaking, hiking, or mountain biking.
Trail Corps weeks are in July and August. (ADD DATES HERE)
Corps Members Must:
- Be at least 14 years old by July 1and have completed 8th grade
- Be willing to work hard (8:30 am – 5 pm each day)
- Be willing to learn new skills, meet new people
- Be willing to have fun!
Compensation: 40 hours of community service & weekly stipend of $125/week
- Develop a High School Trail Corps with the UVTA.
- Learn trail building skills by working on local trails.
- Learn team work and other outdoor skills.
- Meet kids from other towns and schools.
- Assist UVTA in other programming for youth camps.
- Learn about the natural world.
To apply, visit our online application (Google Form)
Questions, contact: email@example.com
I always thought it would be interesting to not just use the trails, but also to help maintain them, to kind of give back. So I heard about the Upper Valley Trails Alliance and decided that that was just what I wanted. Then I suppose I just kind of fell in love with trail work.