Upper Valley High School Trail Corps
- Do you like trails?
- Do you want to learn how to maintain trails and spend time outdoors this summer?
- Do you want to be PAID and earn community service hours?
If yes… Apply for the UVTA High School Trail Corps!
Once accepted to the program, High school students can sign up to participate in one of the trail corps’ four weeks during July and August. Students will work Monday – Friday of their assigned week from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM on trails throughout the Upper Valley. Participants will learn valuable trail building skills from UVTA’s staff members and will end the day with fun, outdoor adventures!
Compensation: credit for 40 hours of community service & weekly stipend of $125/week
Corps Members Must:
- Be at least 14 years old by July 1 and have completed 8th grade
- Be willing to work hard
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn new skills
Students participating in Trail Corps will…
- Learn trail building skills.
- Learn to work effectively in teams
- Learn the importance of trail stewardship and land conservation.
- Connect with the natural world
- Meet students from other towns and schools across the Upper Valley.
- Build and maintain local trails
- Have fun!