Upper Valley High School Trail Corps
The UV High School Trail Corps Program is an opportunity for high school students to spend time outdoors and learn about trail building in a sustainable way. Once accepted to the program, High school students can sign up to participate in one of the trail corps’ five weeks during July and August. Students will work Monday – Friday of their assigned week from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM on trails throughout the Upper Valley. Participants will learn valuable trail building skills from UVTA’s staff members and will end the day with fun, outdoor adventures!
Compensation: credit for 40 hours of community service & weekly stipend of $125/week
Hayden and Josie both participated in the UV High School Trail Corps program as students and later returned to work at UVTA as Summer Crew leaders. Watch their videos to hear about their experiences and learn more about the program!
Corps Members Must:
- Be at least 14 years old by July 1 and have completed 8th grade
- Be willing to work hard
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Be willing to learn new skills
Students participating in Trail Corps will…
- Learn trail building skills.
- Learn to work effectively in teams
- Learn the importance of trail stewardship and land conservation.
- Connect with the natural world
- Meet students from other towns and schools across the Upper Valley.
- Build and maintain local trails
- Have fun!
Applications for the 2024 Season are OPEN!
Apply and join us on the trails during one of our crew weeks…
Week 1: July 1st – 5th CO-ED
Week 2: July 8th – 12th ALL GIRLS
Week 3: July 15th – 19th CO-ED
Week 4: July 29th – August 2nd CO-ED
Week 5: August 5th – 9th CO-ED
Questions, contact: email@example.com